Your First Visit
We take great pride in the quality of our treatment and our very personal service. Our patients are our greatest concern and every effort is made to make your experience with us both pleasant and rewarding.
Your First Visit
During your first visit to our office, a medical/dental history and clinical examination are completed to determine if orthodontic treatment would be of benefit. Complimentary photographs of the patient’s face and teeth, and X-rays are also taken to aid in determining if treatment is indicated. This information is used to develop a custom treatment plan for each patient. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of treatment as the teeth move under orthodontic care. After Dr. Gabler or Dr. Hanson has evaluated your records, we discuss your treatment with you in detail, including cost for your particular case.
The placement of your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) usually takes from one to two hours. You will then see us at regular intervals 4 to 8 weeks apart for appointments, which take approximately 30-90 minutes. Our regular office hours are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately. Cancel only if it is an emergency.
Payment & Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient’s orthodontic case. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We also accept assignment from most insurance plans, and file the necessary papers to the insurance company. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a courtesy savings of 3%.
- After one family member has started full comprehensive treatment, a savings of 4% is given for each family member who also starts full comprehensive treatment.
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over a period of months with interest-free financing.
- Payments are conveniently deducted automatically from your debit/credit VISA or MASTERCARD or your checking/savings account.
- For those who are looking for extended payment options, we accept CareCredit.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary financial difficulties.
- If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. The balance will be arranged for you to pay (see above). We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.
- You can use flexible spending account (FSA) funds to pay for part or all of your orthodontic treatment. If you have insurance, an FSA can bridge the gap to pay what insurance does not cover. FSA’s are generally offered as part of an employer’s “cafeteria plan.” Check with your employer about offering this tax-advantaged benefit. Please be aware of account renewal dates and yearly maximums to allow ample time to maximize your benefits.